Physical therapy is an all-natural, movement-based treatment that’s effective for pain management and treating musculoskeletal disorders. Our pain relief center serves clients in Pinellas Park, Largo, Seminole, and nearby cities. We can help you get rid of chronic pain and improve your mood, blood pressure, endurance, strength, and sleep.
Physical Therapy Treatment
Pain relief through physical therapy is based on the theory that all forces in your body affect each other. For example, a pinched nerve is often due to compression, and reducing that strain and restoring fluid movement may help alleviate the pain.
Nerves and blood vessels attach to all structures in the body, including organs and musculoskeletal structures that travel through muscle and fascia tissue. Our chiropractor works to restore the balance of coordination, flexibility, and strength so that movement and blood and nerves signals are unhindered.
Physical therapy like chiropractic adjustments, massage therapy, physiotherapy, and corrective exercises combat inflammation, stiffness, and soreness. At the same time, these procedures help your body heal itself by encouraging the production of natural pain-relieving biochemicals.
Physiotherapy treatments may also include:
- Individualized exercise programs designed to improve your strength, range of motion, and function
- Joint manipulation to reduce pain and stiffness
- Hot and cold packs and other modalities to relieve pain, reduce swelling, speed up the healing process, and improve movement and function
- Airway clearance methods to assist you with breathing difficulties
- Functional activity and tolerance testing and training
- Work and occupational training and return-to-work planning
- Environmental adjustments, focusing on eliminating obstacles to proper function
- Application of assistive devices and equipment
Physical therapy may be effective in treating all types of chronic musculoskeletal and neuropathic pain, including:
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Hip pain
- General sprains, strains, and muscle tightness
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Pre/Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Spinal conditions
- Joint pain conditions
- Age-related aches and pains
- Chronic conditions
- Systemic diseases
- Sports-related injuries
- Tears (muscle, ligament, tendon)
- Migraine headaches
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Neuropathic pain
Physical Rehabilitation Center
The aim of our physical therapy treatment is long-term pain reduction without pain medication. Pain medication becomes less effective in long-term situations and has the potential for harmful side effects. We utilize several techniques and modalities that are necessary to accomplish the goals set out in your comprehensive recovery program.
At Life Science Wellness Institute, our chiropractor works with you so that you understand what causes your chronic pain and how to manage it. We will ask you questions about your injury and health history. The information you give us plays a big part in making an accurate diagnosis. After a physical assessment to confirm the diagnosis, our highly trained chiropractor designs your treatment plan based on your unique needs, capabilities, and goals.
If you are recovering from an injury, want to enhance your athletic performance, or want to combat chronic pain or a health condition—we’ve got you covered. Our multi-faceted, movement-based pain management center offers quality physical rehabilitation services to ease your pain and get you back on the path to recovery.