Do you have joint pain all over your body? Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal disorder that causes widespread muscle pain, joint pain, and chronic fatigue, and it could be to blame for your discomfort.
Fibromyalgiais often misdiagnosed and misunderstood, and if you believe your body pain and muscle aches are due to this condition, our doctor can help you. We offer minimally invasive, all-natural regenerative medicine treatments that tackle the root cause of your pain. So, visit us if you’re in Pinellas Park or surrounding areas and in need of reliable pain relief.
What is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia can feel like osteoarthritis. Almost everyone with fibromyalgia experiences chronic pain that may be deep, sharp, dull, throbbing, or aching, as well as fatigue.
You may feel pain in your muscles, tendons, and ligaments around the joints. Sometimes, the pain comes and goes or may travel throughout your body. You may also have trigger points, which are tender spots around your joints that hurt when you apply pressure to them. These tender points are often located under the surface of the skin in the muscular tissue around joints.
Regardless of the cause of your fibromyalgia pain, one or a combination of our regenerative medicine treatments might help to ease your fibromyalgia symptoms.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy: PRP injections contain a significant concentration of platelets, which release growth factors. These growth factors trigger healing bioactive materials to proliferate and encourage your body to self-heal.
- Trigger Point Injections: This procedure involves injecting all-natural medication directly into your fibromyalgia trigger point to loosen the muscle and achieve fast, effective pain relief.
- Chiropractic Care: Our chiropractor uses gentle adjustments to the spine to correct misalignments, which can help release the stress behind some of your fibromyalgia symptoms and improve pain, fatigue, and quality of sleep.
In addition to chronic pain and fatigue, if you have fibromyalgia, you may also experience sleep, concentration, and memory issues. You may also have other symptoms like:
- Mood disorders, such as depression or anxiety
- Numbness and tingling in your hands, arms, feet, and legs
- Swollen hands and feet
- Morning stiffness
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Problems urinating
- Painful menstrual cramps
- Restless leg syndrome
What Causes Fibromyalgia?
While it's difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of fibromyalgia, your genes may be the culprit as the musculoskeletal disorder tends to run in families. Other diseases may raise your risks of developing the disorder, and the condition is most common in women.
Our doctor has been a leader in the Florida healthcare industry for many years. As the owner of Life Science Wellness Institute, he is now pushing the medical industry with innovative regenerative medicine solutions to improve your quality of life.
If you are looking for long lasting pain relief for fibromyalgia in Pinellas Park, Largo, Seminole or any nearby city, call us today at (727) 386-5801 to schedule a complimentary consultation.